Prof Isa Ali Pantami Ramadan Tafseer Day 4 Lesson Discusses Last Part Of Verse 36 And 37 Of Chapter 3
A Chapter that entails the family of Imran.
The session expounds on how Maryam (Mary) was delivered, at the time her mother was expecting a male child to dedicate him to the service of Masjeed al-Aqsa. She named the baby as Maryam (Mary) meaning “a worshipper.” In the end, the Almighty accepted her sacrifice of a female child. He also described that as a goodly acceptance.
The mother of Mary also supplicated to the Almighty Allah to protect her from the satan-the devil. Prophet Zakariyya (Zachariya) was appointed as her guardian.
The Glorious Qur’an says:
36) Then when she delivered her [child Maryam (Mary)], she said: “O my Lord! I gave birth to a female child,” – and Allah knew better what she gave birth to, – “And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam (Mary), and I seek refuge with You (Allah) for her and for her offspring from Satan, the outcast.”
37) “So her Lord accepted her with goodly acceptance. He made her grow in a good manner and put her under the care of Zakariya (Zachariya). Every time he entered Al-Mihrab to (visit) her, he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: “O Maryam (Mary)! From where have
you got this
?” She said, “This is from Allah.” Verily, Allah provides sustenance to whom He wills, without limit.” Chapter al-Imran, Verse 36 & 37.
Some important lessons from the 2 verses:
1) seeking refuge with Allah for children. It can be achieved through reciting some supplications for children. -Bukhaari no. 3371 narrated that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to seek refuge with Allah for Hasan and Husayn, and he said: “Your father (Ibraaheem) used to seek refuge with (these words) for Ismaa‘eel and Ishaaq:
Transliteration: A‘oodhu bi kalimaat Illaahi’t-taammah min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah
Translation: I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from every devil and every vermin, and from every bad eye.
2) Choosing a righteous guardian for a child. Otherwise, he could be misled.
3) Sincerity in words and actions. Allah accepts only from those who are honest and sincere.
4) Allah is the source of provision. We are to always do the best we can legitimately, and depend on him.
5) the Almighty Allah created both males and females, and He assigns sometimes common responsibilities for both, and sometimes different responsibilities. The Qur’an says:
And by Him Who created male and female. Certainly, your responsibilities are diverse. (Chapter Lail, Verses 3 and 4).
6) Zakariyya (Zachariya) as a Prophet, his name has been mentioned 7 times in the Glorious Qur’an.
7) Satan is our great enemy, we are directed to always beg for protection from him.
May the Almighty Allah forgive and be Merciful to all of us.
Watch Prof Isa Ali Pantami Ramadan Tafseer Day 4 Lesson Discusses Last Part Of Verse 36 And 37 Of Chapter 3 Below;
WATCH RAMADAN TAFSEER DAY 3 ⇒ HERE