Jimoh Ibrahim, a Nigerian lawyer, politician, businessman, and philanthropist, was born on February 24, 1967. He is currently the senator-elect for the Ondo South Senatorial District.
He is the chairman and CEO of Global Fleet Group, a multinational corporation with operations and affiliates in adjacent West African nations. Global Fleet Group is situated in Nigeria. He received a professional Business Doctorate (BusD) from the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom in July 2022.
Jimoh Ibrahim Background
Ibrahim is a native of Ondo State, which is located in southwest Nigeria. He earned a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) in legal studies from Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. He then graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University with a Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree. In the future, he studied at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he received a combined Master of Laws (LLM) and Master’s in International Taxation degree. Oil & gas distribution, hotels, resorts, airlines, banking, real estate, insurance, publishing, and investments are just a few of the industries in which he has investments.
Jimoh Ibrahim Business Interests,
Jimoh Ibrahim is the chairman and CEO of Global Fleet Group and is responsible for managing a broad portfolio of investments across numerous industries. The Global Fleet Group’s noteworthy subsidiaries include:
- Air Nigeria (formerly Virgin Nigeria) – Lagos, Nigeria
- NICON Insurance – Lagos, Nigeria
- Nigeria Reinsurance Corporation – Lagos, Nigeria
- NICON Luxury Hotel (formerly Le’ Meridien Hotel) – Abuja, Nigeria
- Global Fleet Oil & Gas – A chain of gasoline stations across Nigeria (estimated at about 200 in 2011)
- The NICON Group – Lagos, Nigeria (Holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies, and others)
- Global Fleet Building (formerly Allied Bank Building) – Lagos, Nigeria
- Meidan Hotel – Lagos, Nigeria
- Global Fleet Industries (formerly HFP Industries Limited) – Lagos, Nigeria
- Energy Bank – Accra, Ghana (A new commercial bank in Ghana, commenced operations in February 2011)
- Oceanic Bank São Tomé – São Tomé, São Tomé and Príncipe (Commercial bank acquired from Oceanic Bank in May 2011)
- Newswatch Magazine – Lagos, Nigeria
Jimoh Ibrahim Other responsibilities
On the platform of the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP), Jimoh Ibrahim launched an unsuccessful campaign to become the governor of Ondo State in 2003. He’s written three books, total. He is the father of four children and is wed to Mrs. Modupe Jimoh Ibrahim. He also serves as publisher of the Nigerian newspaper, National Mirror.
Jimoh Ibrahim Controversy
In its publications from 2013 to 2015, Sahara Reports made numerous serious misbehavior claims.
It was revealed on Wednesday, November 11, 2020, that the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) had acquired a court order to freeze Jimoh Ibrahim’s bank accounts and seize his property due to unpaid NGN69.4 billion in arrears.