Abin Da Bincike Ya Nuna Kan Kashe Nafi’u Da Hafsat Tayi A Garin KanoCommand of the Kano State Police 22 December 2023
ARREST OF CULPABLE HOMICIDE SUSPECT
On December 21, 2023, at approximately 0700 hours, Hafizu Salisu of the Bauchi Metropolis in Bauchi State reported that he had received a phone call from Dayyabu Abdullahi “m” of the Unguwa Uku Quarters in Kano informing him that his 38-year-old brother Nafi’u Hafiz had passed away and asking him to come pick up the body for burial.
Upon reaching the Unguwa Uku Quarters Kano apartment, they found many injuries on various portions of the deceased body, which they believed to be knife stab wounds.
#VoiceEffects #matanarewaonlineacademy #CreateWithEffects KANO STATE POLICE COMMAND 22ND DECEMBER, 2023 PRESS RELEASE ARREST OF SUSPECT FOR CULPABLE HOMICIDE On 21/12/2023 at about 0700hrs, report was received from one Hafizu Salisu of Bauchi Metropolis of Bauchi State that he received a Phone Call from one Dayyabu Abdullahi ‘m’ of Unguwa Uku Quarters Kano that his brother one Nafi’u Hafiz aged 38 years, is dead and that they should come and convey the corpse for burial. When they arrived at the residence at Unguwa Uku Quarters Kano, they discovered several injuries on different parts of the lifeless body suspected to be knife stabs. 2. The Commissioner of Police, CP Mohammed Usaini Gumel, FIPMA, psc directed the Divisional Police Officer, Zaria Road Division, SP Abubakar Chika Zaki, to lead a team of detectives to the Scene and to conduct a preliminary investigation. 3. Upon arrival at the crime scene by the detectives, the motionless body was removed from the scene and rushed to Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital where a Medical Doctor certified the Body Dead. 4. Further investigation led to the arrest of Hasfat Surajo, aged 24 years, a female housewife of the residence where the deceased lived. 5. Further investigation at the Command’s Criminal Investigation Department, obtained a confession by Hafsat who admitted that she singlehandedly committed the act by stabbing the deceased on several parts of his body with a knife while he was preventing her from committing suicide. Her husband, Dayyabu Abdullahi, aged 38 years, ‘m’, of the same address and their gateman Mallam Adam, aged 65 years were arrested for packaging and concealing the dead body and cover. 6. Meanwhile, through discreet investigation, the knife was recovered with blood stain resulting from committing the crime. The suspect will be charged to Court after completion of the investigation. SP ABDULLAHI HARUNA KIYAWA, ANIPR, MNISMA, POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, KANO STATE COMMAND.
2. The Divisional Police Officer, Zaria Road Division, SP Abubakar Chika Zaki, was instructed by the Commissioner of Police, CP Mohammed Usaini Gumel, FIPMA, psc, to lead a team of detectives to the scene and carry out a preliminary inquiry.
3. The lifeless body was removed from the crime scene and taken to Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital as soon as the detectives arrived, where a medical professional pronounced the deceased dead.
4. After more inquiry, 24-year-old Hasfat Surajo—a female housewife of the deceased’s residence—was taken into custody.
5. After conducting additional research at the Command’s Criminal Investigation Department, Hafsat confessed that she was the only one who could have carried out the deed, and stabbed the deceased multiple times on his body with a knife while he was stopping her from killing herself.
The deceased corpse and cover were packaged and concealed by her husband, Dayyabu Abdullahi, 38, of the same house, and their gateman, Mallam Adam, 65.
6. In the meantime, a covert investigation revealed that the knife had a bloodstain on it from the crime. The suspect will face charges in court after the inquiry is concluded.
The person in question is SP ABDULLAHI HARUNA KIYAWA, an ANIPR, MNISMA, and a police public relations officer. They work for the Kanot State Command Police Commission.