Ahmed Idris Wase’s biography
Hon. Ahmed Idris was born to the family of Mallam Idris on June 1st, 1964 in Bashar District of Wase Local Government Area, Plateau State. In 1978, he graduated with his First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) at LSB Primary School Bashar. Later, he transferred to the Government Secondary School Dengi in the then-current Kanam Local Government Area after going to the Government Secondary School Mbar. Hon. Ahmed Idris, in his pursuit of knowledge and education, was admitted to the Plateau State Polytechnic in 1983 to study civil engineering, and in 1986 he earned a national diploma in the field.
Later, he applied to the Kaduna State Polytechnic’s Higher National Diploma program, and in 1995, he was awarded the Certificate in Civil Engineering.
He applied to an executive program at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government in the United States in an effort to better understand the mechanics of good governance and constructive social change, and in 2016 he was accepted, earning an Executive Certificate in Strategic Governance.
Hon. Idris was chosen to represent the Wase Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives in the lower chamber of the National Assembly in 2007. He is presently serving his third (3rd) term in that position. If he wins the election on February 23, he will serve a total of four terms as a member of the federal legislature.
With his numerous programs that have benefited his constituents over the years, Hon. Idris has proven to his supporters that excellent representation and good governance are possible. His main interests have been in the fields of education, health, youth empowerment, infrastructure development, and effective representation of state interests at the federal level. He is also credited with sponsoring student scholarships, luring infrastructure development such as solar street lights, hand pumps, and motorized solar boreholes, building primary healthcare facilities, constructing centers for skill development, building roads, schools, community centers, sports facilities, etc. He effectively promotes youth empowerment and the reduction of poverty.
He has done this by awarding grants to young people and giving welfare packages to others who are less fortunate.
Hon. Ahmed Idris was appointed to the National Institute of Legislative and Democratic Studies’ (NILDS) Governing Board in 2015, where he helped foster the growth of effective legislative and democratic activities.
Hon. Idris was appointed to the Executive Committee of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) International in June 2018 as the region’s representative for West Africa.
With widespread support, he was chosen in 2018 to succeed the late Buba Jubril, who passed away in June of that same year, as the Deputy House Leader.
Hon. Idris has taken the initiative to ensure the swift passage of numerous executive bills that had lain dormant for many months prior to his appointment as Deputy House Leader.
|Intro||Member of the House of Representatives of Nigeria|
|Birth||Plateau State, Nigeria|
Education and personal life
Ahmed Idris went to Harvard Kennedy School of Government in the United States, LSB Primary School Bashar in Wase, Plateau, Government Secondary Schools Mbar and Dengi, Plateau State Polytechnic, and Kaduna State Polytechnic.
Non Political Offices
- Civil & Maintenance, Works Dept. C.O.E., GindiriMember.
- Sub-Establishment Committee, C.O.E., Gindiri.
- Chairman, Non-Academic Staff Union, C.O.E., Gindiri (1989–1994).
- Chairman, Senior Staff Welfare Committee (1990–1993).
- Chairman, Joint Academic & Non-Academic Staff Union of Plateau State Tertiary Institutions (1992–1994).
- President, Civil Eng. Students Asso., Kaduna Poly Branch (1994–1995).
- Dir. Of organization, Gamji Memorial Club, KadPoly Branch (1994–1995).
- Chairman, Non-Academic Staff Union, Plateau State Council (1999–2002).
- Deputy House Leader of the Federal House of Representatives, 2018–2019.
- Member of the Federal Government Delegation to the 89th Session of the United Nations General Assembly held in New York, United States, 2016.
- Governing Council Member of the National Institute of Legislative and Democratic Studies (NILDS), 2015.
- Member into the Federal House of Representatives in Nigeria, 2007-
- Executive Secretary of State Pilgrims Board, Plateau State, 2005–2006
- Ahmed Wase was elected into the lower Chamber of the National Assembly in 2007 and is currently serving his fourth term as a member of House of Representatives, Wase Federal Constituency. He worked in the following committees as Member House Of Representatives:
- Federal Character
- Emergency & Disaster
- Public Account
- Area Council
- Housing and Habitat
- Capital Market
- Poverty Alleviation
- Petroleum (Upstream)
- Public Petitions and Labour
- Youth and EmploymentHead of Section
Since Hon. Ahmed Wase prioritizes education, health, good roads, and water as his legislative interests, he has shown his constituents that good governance and quality representation are possible, which has a positive impact on the general public. He has also been recognized for his sponsorship of student scholarships, development of the infrastructure, including the installation of solar street lights, hand pumps, and motorized boreholes, renovation of primary healthcare facilities, construction of skill-acquisition centers, advocacy for road construction, and renovation of secondary and primary schools, among other accomplishments.
He effectively promotes youth empowerment and the reduction of poverty. He has done this by awarding grants to young people and giving welfare packages to others who are less fortunate.
In the 9th National Assembly, the House of Representatives chose him as deputy speaker.
- Best Legislator in Plateau State- Plateau State Award Committee
- Award for Excellence by Centre for Values and Ethics
- Leadership Excellence Award by University of Jos
Which state is Ahmed Idris Wase from?
|The Right Honourable Ahmed Idris Wase CON|
|Born||1 June 1964 Wase, Northern Region, Nigeria (now in Plateau State, Nigeria)|
|Political party||All Progressive Congress (APC)|
Who is the current deputy speaker of the House of Representatives in Nigeria?
Ahmed Idris Wase, who was chosen on June 11, 2019, serves as the deputy speaker at the moment.